Work Exchange Program
The Work Exchange Program allows individuals to exchange a minimum of 10 volunteer hours for access to attend the 24th Annual Hawaiʻi Conservation Conference (valued over $400). This is a great opportunity for interested individuals who can offer their skills, assistance, and leadership in exchange for full conference admission, in addition to other benefits.
The HCC’s success stems from the work of willing and dedicated individuals who contribute to this program. The assistance of the work exchange participants make it possible to have the various engaging exhibits, events, and speakers of the conference.
The HCC Work Exchange program allows participants to meet, interact with, and learn from conservation veterans, emerging leaders, resource managers, field staff, and others in the conservation community. The research, knowledge, and experiences they share provide an invaluable opportunity to anyone interested in starting or furthering a career in conservation.
- Access to conference sessions (outside of work schedule)
- Conference t-shirt
- Beverage, lunch coupons
- Invite to Mahalo Pau Hana (post-conference)
Applicants must agree to:
- Commit to and complete a minimum of 10 volunteer hours at the HCC; if scheduled hours are not completed with no prior notice provided to WEP leadership, the volunteer will be billed for the full conference price.
- Attend a mandatory orientation on Monday, July 17th from 9am to 12pm
- Sign-in and out of shifts at the Volunteer Check-In Desk (this is the participant's responsibility in order to receive credit
Apr. 4 WEP Application available
May 26 WEP Application period ends
May 29 Volunteer schedule available for volunteers to sign-up (first-come, first-serve basis)
Jun 30 Schedule sign-up ends
July 17 Volunteer Orientation. MANDATORY, 9am - 12pm at the Hawaiʻi Convention Center
July 18 - 20 Hawaiʻi Conservation Conference
TBD Mahalo Pau Hana
Work Exchange Roles:
Volunteers are needed in the following positions -
For any questions, please contact:
Kawena Elkington, Work Exchange Program Coordinator